My hands have been getting a pins and needle, burning, pain sensation

For the past two weeks the top of my hands have been getting a pins and needle, burning, pain sensation whenever exposed to cold water or prolonged stay outside in cold. Only on the top of hands.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Apr 2010
Hi thanks for the query.
You symptoms can be due to Raynauds disease. Do you notice any bluish discoloration when exposed to cold? Does it happen in your toes also? I suggest you visit a physician who will evaluate this further.
Have a healthy life !
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Exposure to cold can cause constriction of the blood vessels which can cause the symptom that have been mentioned by you... They are not of major concern... However, if you are known to have Reynaud's disease, then you would need precautions to avoid exposure to cold..