My hand is always dry and sticky. How to get rid of it?

I have a skin problem, My hand is always dry and sticky, In all seasons my hand is fully dry, please give some suggestion.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Hi,thanks for posting your query.There could be many reasons for dry allergy to some chemicals like domestic detergent,soaps etc.First of all please get your thyroid checked to see for any deficiency of hormones.Apply moisturizer like vaseline,oil etc, in any form and take more of fluids during the day and visit your doctor for any vitamin supplement that are needed.regards.
These are the few suggestions if all the medical causes are ruled out in your case. Detergent-laden soaps are drying to the skin, so try a milder version. Also, a gentle exfoliation (technique aimed at removing dead skin cells from the face and body) twice a week helps scrub away dry, dead cells so your hands feel smoother. Go for specially formulated hand creams, and use hand cream more than once a day. Drink lots of water, and consider using a humidifier in your home if the air is dry. Once a week, treat your hands to a super-moisturizing treatment: Soak hands in hot water with a few tablespoons of baking soda for half an hour, next, dry hands and cover them with a heavy hand cream. Put the hands in plastic bags inside old socks for 20 minutes. Another option is paraffin wax treatments, which work on the same principle.