My gums have been hurting and swollen lately. Tell me the treatment

I need to get a deep teeth cleaning while having a minor heart condition? My gums have been hurting and swollen lately, so I went to see a dentist , who told me that I have the big pockets (more 5mm) and I need to get a deep cleaning and more. However, I recently was told by my physician that I might have a minor heart murmur. So my dentist won t see me until I get a release from my physician/cordiologist. The problem is that my first appointment with a cardiologist is only next month and I am not sure how long it will take to get results about my heart murmur. Should I try to get a form signed by my physician instead? She doesn t know much about my heart since it was discovered lately. Am I putting my heart in danger of getting some bacteria if I get this form signed without serious check-up and diagnoses of my heart? Or will this waiting for seeing a cardiologist first hurt my teeth? I don t want to increase my heart condition by using antibiotics at the dentist office but neither I want to lose my teeth by not treating them! Please help!!!!
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009