My grandmother was recently diagnosed with carotid artery stenosis, please suggest

my grandmother was recently diagnosed with carotid artery stenosis of 90% she s waiting on her initial appointment with the surgeon and so on. today she is having TINGLING, LIGHT THROBBING, slight NUMBNESS of the right side of her head right above her ear .(thats the side that the artery is 90% occluded.) she is also very NAUSEOUS and doesnt recall eating anything that would affect her stomache differently. i m keeping a close eye on her but were not sure if this needs a hospital visit or not.. please give me feedback. thankyou.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009