My friend is suffering from blood cancer, please help

Hello sir, My friend is suffering from blood cancer. His age is 19 . Cancer is in beginning stage. what is the chance for death ?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi and welcome to healthcare magic forum. Blood cancer is a very broad terminology. There are many types of blood cancer and the survival rate will depend upon type and severity of the cancers. Now a days many of the cancers are treatable and we have bone marrow transplant. It is very difficult to tell that all blood cancers will lead to death or all can be cured, without examining the patient or seeing the patient blood reports and bone marrow result.
Dear latha, Welcome to HealthcareMagic!
Leukemia or blood cancer is a group basically of bone marrow diseases in which there is uncontrolled increase in immature WBCs in peripheral blood. Like other cancers, it is also staged & various treatment options are available once type & stage of "blood cancer" is properly diagnosed. Hemato-oncologists are the specialists which deal with leukemia, & he will be the best person to tell you. One thing, most leukemias are now curable with modern chemotherapy regimens.