My fetus is kicking in the ribs, what should i do ?

hi there im thirty weeks pregnant and was just wondering how do i safely remove my babies feet from my ribs it kills me and im scared if i push on it, it will hurt my child some please tell me what to do like any home remedies ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011

I will try my best to answer your query.

Mainly occurring in the third trimester, it can be more painful when sitting. Rib pain is caused from the uterus pressing into the abdomen, squashing your ribs, as well as baby kicking or punching the area.
The only real ways to help here are to make yourself as comfortable as possible by wearing lose fitting clothes and supporting yourself with cushions when lying down. The pain will likely subside when baby drops (into your pelvic cavity) in preparation for birth.

Visit OBG specialist if the pain is intense.

Hope my answer will be helpful for you.

General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya Muralidhar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

The fetal kicks in pregnancy varies with time and intensity , it is not around a single place all the time as the baby swims along in the amniotic fluid in the mother's tummy,appreciating the kicks is normal and a good sign of baby's well being, but if it is only around the ribs, you may need an examination

Visit your Gynecologist for the same and get an NST and a scan done. Do not worry for now .

Wish you a safe confinement.