My father's heart is working 20 percent and he has trouble breathing

hi my father is 69 years old and his heart is working 20% now,he had an hammer age 3 years before,now he find very difficult to breath .will he survive??
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Hello rifkaimam;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If your father has ejection fraction or working capacity of heart at 20 % it will be surely difficult for him as he is bound to get breathlessness after even regular work like walking even in house;straining while passing stools;so he has to be of medicines for that and i am sure he is on medicines.As for survival no body can predict about it and he has to bear with the problem because in such cases there is hardly anything to help other than medicines and he has to be on bed for most of the time.
Thanks for your question.