My father has intermittent abdominal pain. Is this the sign to have epilepsy or worms?

My dad, 53, is diabetic and is on treatment for the same since 5yrs or so recently he had a convulsion for which the ct scan or other tests did not reveal a cause but he had intermittent abdominal pain and diarrhoea a few days before and after the incident.He took the necessary drug given- sodium valproate and is fine now. His doctor ruled out hypoglycemia as a cause and also changed his anti diabetic drug from glimepiride to saxaglipitin What could be the cause for dads seizure? Could it be intestinal worms? Can it occur again?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011