My father has a problem in brain, please suggest

hi doctor,my father is 74 is in critical situation, he has problem in brain, the doctor of life wood of kolkata said the blood is slowing flooding into his mind, three years back he was fell down and became almost paralised, since then he started walking slowly by the help of stick and the voice became unclear, now almost two month he fell down again and stucked his head against the door, he is a blood preser patient too, now he lost his sence, some time he speaks once or twice times in a day, he reconizes people too, he stops eating since two weeks, but we are feeding him liquid foods through a pipe. can you please please tell me where can be good treatment for him in india and which hospital or nursing home? thank you, my email is

Asked On : Sat, 30 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The doctor is probably referrring to one of dementia.. It may occur due to multiple causes which includes multi-infarct status.. You can visit NIMHANS which is the best for neuroscience evaluation and treatment.. The other neurological institutes in India are AIIMS or one of the VIMHANS institutes... All the best...

Anonymous's Response

in india any reference regarding is made that it is the NIMHANS hospital bengaluru. it is the top hospital for the neurology, neurosurgery and psychatry, get your dad to nimhans hospital benguluru and get the testing done. it is  avery busy hospital that you need to keep in mind.