My fasting blood sugar is 128. please guide me

hi i am from India and my fasting blood sugar is 128.please guide me.did i have diabetes age 30+ and weight around 120 kg.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum. In my opinion please recheck your sugar levels again while fasting after a week. It would have been good if you had mentioned your age. You need to get guidance from a doctor to suggest the requirement of medications. You will also need an eye check up.I would suggest you to limit intake of sugar in tea, coffee.If you are overweight,it is ideal to lose some weight. A proper diet chart from a dietitian is also advised. Take care

General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. Fasting blood sugar of 128 is Diabetes. Also you are overweight. In your age and weight, and also if you have family history of diabetes it is most likely that you are also having diabetes. However the diagnosis cannot be put based on one single reading. I would advise you to kindly repeat your fasting blood sugar, and also get you post prandial sugar levels done. Please do not postpone this. In the meanwhile you can start eating healthy and take up walking for at least 45 mins daily. Please consult a doctor asap.
Better drink DNA Noni herbal fruit juice, 10 ml twice a day on empty stomach diluted in water. During the day, drink about 2 to 3 liters plain water to flush out toxins from the body. Drink Noni for about 4 to 6 months for better results. For more details, log in to or send me a mail to

Dietitian & Nutritionist Ms. Ketki's  Response

Good to hear that you have that much awareness .. !!

You are into " impaired fasting " stage .. fasting should be around 110 mg/dl
your weight again adding a risk factor and making you more at risk.Do u hv family history of diabetes??

Do precautions as follows :

1. Maintain Ideal Body Weight
2. Diet manipulation very important

how much is your height ? have u done any weight loss attempt before ?

for further communication / queries,

Ketki Itraj
Diet Consultant , Pune