My eyes are itchy and a little redness is there. Is this conjunctivitis?

My eyes are itchy and a little redness, discharge only at night?

Asked On : Mon, 15 Feb 2010
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
it seems u r suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. You can start with an anti-allergic eye drop ( Olopatadine eye drop two times daily -- for 14 days on both eyes ) and one lubricating eye drop (Tears Naturale II , 3-4 times daily on both eyes for 14 days). You should get relief with the above treatment.

Ophthalmologist Dr. Saurabh Mittal's  Response
Dear Friend,

Itching, redness and discharge are the signs of Allergic conjunctivitis, you can use anti-allergic eye drops like Olopatadine 0.2% (eg. Pataday from Alcon). If you are a computer user and work on PC for long your condition can be due to dry eye too. You are required to blink a lot while work, take rest while work by closing eyes for a few second, use artificial tears (like refresh tears) and take diets rich in omega 3 fatty acids. If your symptoms persits please consult an ophthalmologist for opinion. Take care
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. you are probably having conjuctivitis... It could have occured due to allergic symptoms or due to infection.. See a dotor for the evaluation and appropriate treatment..