My doctor has told me to undergo ovarian drilling if metformin, duphaston and letrozole does not work on me. Is it safe

HI dr, I am 27yrs old female married for 3yrs. I got diagnised with bilateral PCOD,did all my tests of LH and FSH and later I had been prescribed with Metformin and duphaston for 6months but i didnt take metformin continously, i carelessly missed without knowing the importance of it. Now its been a year i have been using metformin and yet complete my med. I took letroze for 3months(Aug,sep,oct) in 2010 again after 2months i was advised to take fertab in dec but dint work again advised to take the same in march with 2 tab a day yet dint work and i dint ovalute on when checked on 11th and 14th day so Doctor has advised me again to take letrozole for 3months 2 each a day along with metformin and actos Incase it doesnot work she is asd me to go for ovarian drilling after 4months. I am scared and tensed aswell. Please advise. My husband reports seems to be fine.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011