My daughter is suffering from chronic abdominal distension and pain, please help

My daughter is nine years old and besides this condition is in good health. She has chronic abdominal distension . She is literally always bloated and complains often of her stomach hurting. I have taken her to her pediatrician several times and have always asked about her swollen belly. They have examined her several times and just said to make sure she gets enough fruit and fiber in her diet and stays hydrated. I have also tried a fiber supplement but to no result. Last night her stomach was very swollen (typical), but then she started vomiting, and continued until one in the morning. She said she felt better this morning and went to school but still has stomach complaints. She had no fever or any other flu like symptoms and I am wondering if this was caused by her swollen abdomen . She says she has had bowel movements the last 2 days but her bowel movements have always been dry and hard. I am unsure how to proceed. Should I take her today to an emergency room for this? Should I try a different diet with no dairy? I have heard of lactose intolerance presenting as symptoms like this. Is there a specialist I should see? She is an active, healthy, well hydrated child, but there is always this lingering pain and swelling, and now vomiting for no reason.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011