My daughter has had a high temperature. Is is likely to be a virus or something more serious ?

My daughter has had a high temperature since Sunday (fluctuating between 38 and 39 degrees), sometimes higher, sometimes lower. On Sunday she was not herself and off her food but since Monday she has been eating normally and attending pre-school without any problems. Occassionally she complains of having a slight headache and tummy ache. How long should I leave it before going to see the doctor ? Is is likely to be a virus or something more serious ?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jun 2010