My daughter has been having cough and cold. what might be the main reason for this diagonsis ?

hello doctor i got a five and half month daughter. she has been having cough and cold for about an month. latter a week ago she got fever. went to the doctor they asked has to take x-ray and blood test and they confirmed its Broncho pneumonia. and asked to admit for five days and advised us need to give antibiotic. we proceeded as such. now she finds some what OK. I need to know what might be the main reason for this diagonsis ?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Sep 2010