My daughter has High tension problem please help

my daughter is 3years 5 months old n now adays she dosent listen to my words n do watever she likes n sometimes it is harmfull like holding a scissor or if she wants something she wants it right now i get tensed n start shouting at her n some times hit her i wanna know how to handle such innocent kid without getting tensed n with love n care handle her without hurting her. coz i shout a lot n that is getting amess at home n fights with husband n less peace of mind please help....
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Dentist, Periodontics 's  Response
Your child is too small to understand every thing in this world. this is there learnig stage so you first need to do is observation and tell her what is right and wrong,good and bad, hot and cold sharp and blunt, harmful and good things because their mind is lije white paper you need to train them with love and care. dont punish ever hit/punish your child for small things . if they are wrong bothof you need to correct her by explaining the things instead shouting.
All children of this age will be like this so dont worry. Teach her in a funny way or going to her age then she will listen to the things whatever you are saying. if you shout and hit her she wil get tensed and afraid this creates a negative impact on her.
Both of you need to spend some time with her play,sing, dance, go around with her, tell stories. just see the way she enjoys. Then she will realise what ever you are telling or doing is good for her.
Tke care
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that your daughter is having behavioral disorder.
Handle her with calm mind, make her understand with love without loosing temper.
if you speak any thing on high tone she is not going to listen.
Give some toys and while playing with toys you try to make her convinced what is good and what is bad.
Nothing to worry,this is quite common problem and solve with calmness and with love.
ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response
Hello Vasudha,

First thing is to keep away harmful objects away from your kid.

Other thing is let your kid know the harmful effects of objets like knife, blade, scissors by explaining her in a caring way.

you can explain her by cutting some fruits or vegetables with those objets and let her know how sharp they are and how keen one has to be in handling them.

Always be very polite and caring to your kids and you teach them anything and every thing only by this way.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Hi Vasudha, I can understand your concern. Most children at her age tend to show such behavior because this stage they try to exert dominance on parents. You need to be sweet yet firm in your approach. Keep away all things which she can hurt herself or others with. Child-proof the house as much as possible so that less chance of any such problems. Be assertive, be firm but be very patient with your daughter and you can try to distract her attention by making some noises or singing songs etc. as that works wonders once you see she will listen to you. If you shout she will be provocated to do this more. After some time she will lose that dominance and will start listening. Hope you get peace in this matter. GOOD LUCK !!!! You will make a wonderful parent.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Vasudha, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Your History suggests your child is suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Kindly don't panic as it is a condition which affects millions of children the world over and it can be easily controlled.

Treatment typically involves medications and behavioral interventions, as treatment can make a big difference, and most children with ADHD grow up to be normal adults.

First take her to a Pediatrician, so that he/she can examine her and rule out the exact cause and later if needed your doctor can refer her to a Psychiatrist, if deemed necessary.

See to it that she sticks to her treatment plan and take her for regular follow up.

In the meantime bring in some lifestyle changes at home:
1.) Be patient
2.) Show your child lots of affection
3.) Both you and your husband should spend some time with your Kid daily.
4.) Make sure that she eat, sleeps and plays at a scheduled time
5.) Make sure she gets adequate rest
6.) Avoid situations which may bore her

Good Luck.

Take Care.