My daughter always screams at her father without any reason. What could be the reason ?

This isn t a medical question, I just need advice. My 22 month old daughter doesn t seem to want anything to do with her father. She screams at him and backs away when he goes to get her up in the morning, she won t let him anywhere near her most of the time, and she s constantly screaming at him. I know there isn t any sexual molestation involved. Help me please!
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Homeopath 's  Response

hi Salina;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
This sort of repulsion is related to childs psychology;there should be some strong reason for it:-
-children at this age don't like the people who scold them at every small thing.
-If it happens that her father touch is felt very rash or he has hit the child.
-If your child is attached more to you & she has seen her father fight with you.
-Please don't feel bad but if the child has seen you & your husband in a compromising position & felt that he is harming her mother.
-The child feels neglected when you give more attention to the father .
These are few possibilities please try to talk & get her to share or better consult a child Psychologist.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
If your daughter repels her father so badly then there must be a reason behind it. It might be associated with some past bad experience of hers or she might have been molested by some male member. You need to explore this thing with her very gently.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal