My dad seems to be depressed and worried. Has heart attack and 2 open heart surgeries

Can a doctor or anyone with knowledge tell me the life expectancy of my father? My dad is 52 years old. He had his first heart attack of 3 - 9 years ago. He is still very active although he has had 2 open heart surgeries (6 bipasses) a diffibrillator (sp?) has bradycardia. He pumps 19. He asks his doctor all the time what his life expectancy is because of such a low number. His dr replies, I treat patients... not numbers . I respect that am grateful for his response. But just the other night I took my dad to the ER because of problems he was having the ER doctor told him that she gives him less than a year. My dad did ask but she shouldn t have told him that. After all... it was her first time seeing him. Now my dad is depressed more than he was is worried even more that his time is near. He s always been aware that his life will end sooner than most but now it s more of a reality. I ve tried looking on the internet but am not very good at it. Can someone please tell me what the statistics are for someone in my dad s conditition? Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009