My dad has high BP after taking pills It is still very high, please help

can someone please help me. my dad has high blood pressure and he takes to blood pressure pills?
and its still very high.he also takes xanax at bedtime for rest.they have added effexor xr to his med.he has been to a heart doctor and everything seemed ok.hes been to a nurorligst and he said doing brain test really would not show much unless they was one done when he feels funny and why i say feels funny . he saids he cant see good his vison is blurred and his head hurts very bad all day.i dont know what else to do if anyone can help me i would really aprecate any advice here.his blood pressure is 180/160 or 140/120 and when we give him the nitroglycerin then it goes to low.please help... i do know mr.smarty.thxs for all the good answers.thxs for the help...
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009