My colleagues is being diagnosed with superficial squamous cell carcinoma in tongue. what he should do now ?

Hello !! One of my colleagues is being diagnosed with Superficial Squamous Cell Carcinoma in tongue. The depth of invasion is 2mm. Report also says no lymphovascular invasion found. The surgical margin of excision , although free, are very near to the lesion . He was suffering for some time as his tongue used to get cut by teeth bite. He then went to a doctor who then scrapped a part of the tongue to avoid biting and sent it for biopsy. Before this he had also gone to a doctor few months before to treat the same problem , where the doctor used laser on the tongue to treat it. Please advice what he should do now ? We are advising him to go to Vellore for further treatment. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011