My cholesterol level was marginally high and had fatty liver, please advise me

I was drinking whisky everyday(before dinner) around 180ml since last 2 and a half years. now I found that my cholesterol level was marginally high and had fatty liver. also I gained 8 kg during the said period. I was also smoking around 6-7 cigarettes per day. NOW I have decided to quit alchohol though gradually and now I take 90 ml per day to be reduced to 60 ml per day within ten days. I have also reduced smoking. 3-4 per day. please guide and asdvise on above.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011