My cholesterol level is 7 on simvastatins . I have family history of this disease

I am 21 years old and weigh 8st 9lbs, i have been on simvastatins for a couple of years now due to having my cholesterol checked and it being nearly 7. My dad died at 40 with non alcohol related liver cirhossis and my mums brother passed away at 34, i think he had a heart attack . Im a bit concerned that i might be at risk. Does anyone have any advice? How worried should i be? My family planning clinic has just refused me the pill as i am too high risk. Any advice would be really good, thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009