My child's heart beats quite rapid. Is this normal ?

my child s heart beats quite rapidly during the day and when he is asleep, he is 6yrs of age, is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011
how fast is it beating?is this a new finding or is it always been there. normally children have a higher heart rate when compared to adults but it should usually reduce when they are asleep but if your child is otherwise well, plays around well & doesnot get tired very easily or doesnot get breathless easily, you neednot worry a lot. but if any of these problems are noticed, please get him evaluated, he might need a cardiac evaluation.