My child had primary complex, asked to repeat x-ray. What does this mean?

Hi my son had a primary complex 3 yrs ago.he had another xray now for medical purposes..i think they have seen a scar because why do they need to repeat the xray again in a different position (side)...does it means the he hasprimary complex again?..if hust in case what is the shortest lenght of time it will be cured by antibiotics?..tnx
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

There must be a opacity on the Xray because of which an oblique view of the thorax must have been ordered. It gives the idea of the location in the lobe of the lung.

It may be an old or a new lesion.(primary or secondary spread)
The length of treatment will be determined by the lesions on Xray, symptoms, sputum examination, CT scan sometimes etc.

It would greatly help if you could upload the Xrays here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

Sputum positive Tuberculosis needs 9 months of treatment.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

It helps us to improve continuously if you could please write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!