My child gets throat infection, fever frequently. TB test negative. Suggestions?

My 3 yr old son frequently gets throat infection which further gives him fever. This happens twice in a month and everytime it takes newly 4-5 days to get him cured. In India, doctors immediately put kids on antibiotics, they only wait for 1 day.
I've done test for TB, which came negative. If the frequency is so high, what tests do you suggest to see what may be causing this. He is always active and alert but what worries me is the frequency of illness.

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013