My brother is severely depressed but he is treated as a mental patient

dear doctor i am really upset .my brother aged 23 is a mental patient and is undergoing treatment for 6 long years without any improvement.....instead his condition is getting worst.he was otherwise a normal person but wrong treatment has made him worst so much so that he is suffering a lot now....earlier he only got depressed but now he hurts him,throws tantrums,once he even bite my mom when he got angry...he is not eating anything and is hurting himself....he has even got a tendency to commit suicide ....we went to Ranchi and Vellore but they said that he is not a mental patient but a patient of severe depression .....please help!
Asked On : Mon, 19 Jul 2010