My brother-in-law diagnosed with leukamia. Suggest me the treatment.

Hi , I need information on leukamia. My brother-in-law has been diagnosed with leukamia-type AML. He is 35-36 yrs of age. He is in USA now and is taking treatment in James Cancer Hospital,Ohio state,USA. HE said he is been giving chaemotherapy there. But here in india we are afraid about how the treatment prevents the disease? Is there anything to worry about? Also we heard that, chaemotherapy gives side efffects. In a similar manner, he said some hair loss is there and he s also getting rashes . IS this going to stop after the treatment? Please let us know if there is any better treatment without side effects? Also, please let us know about the James cancer hospital,ohio, about the treatment there and all? This is what the information I have, please let us know compleet better treatment details.... Eventhough we are afraid , we are giving him the positive approach and not to feel bad. He is also taking the treatment bravely, with all his will. Waiting for reply .
Asked On : Wed, 26 May 2010