My boyfriend is worried of dying a premature death form heart, please help him

My boyfriend is worried of dying a premature death form heart failure? My serious boyfriend has a poor heart health in the male side of his family. His grandpa, father, and I think Uncle have had heart trouble. His dad actually died of a heart attack when he was 35 years old and his father was healthy, apparently. My boyfriend is convinced he will die when he is 40 or something like that. He has never even seen a cardiologist about this. He is making these dramatic conclusions based souley on a prediction due to his family. My boyfriend is a very healthy athlete who eats well. I feel he has no worries. I do not know ow he feels considering he lost his father. He also really desire to be a good father and a father that his son knows, meaning I would have to have a child hypothetically with him when I am 25, which is a lot of pressure on me, and I am in college and not really planning that far. I dream about it, but not totally concrete. Its too much and too scary right now to even contemplate. How should I feel toward this? How should he be thinking?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
My Boyfriend actually also has a bad family line of heart disease. His father died before age 40 of heart failure and of course it does cross his mind from time to time, but as long as he keeps his health up by eating right and staying healthy. I wouldnt worry too much. I suggest maybe you guys going to a cardiologist together and getting a health scan. Maybe that would lessen his worries. There's things that may happen in the future that you can and can't prevent but you just have to live day by day and not worry your life away.