My boyfriend has been bleeding while having bowel movements for years now

my boyfriend has been bleeding while having bowel movements for years now. Now he is bleeding heavily even when he is not going to the bathroom. He has been putting toilet paper in his underwear to catch the bleeding, and it soaks it. he had been to the dr. a few years ago and they said he had hemmorhoids, but i haven't seen anything online saying it caused excessive rectal bleeding. also, he has been taking excedrin every day for tooth aches , which i thought may be irritating his hemmorhoids. is that most likely what it is?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Feb 2010