My boyfriend has a heart murmur , please suggest treatment for him

my boyfriend has a heart murmur (he's 22) and he's been having pains lately in his chest.?
he went to the hospital and they want him to schedule an appointment with his doctor so he can go in and look further. but he won't do it!!!!! all he'll say is it's getting worse. what the heck is his problem???? i think it's an echocardiography or something like that. is this so serious at this moment that he could just die. i don't have a single clue about any of this and i'm worried about him.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009