My blood pressure is 147 over 109 which gives me a pulse pressure of 38

My blood pressure is 147 over 109 which gives me a pulse pressure of 38? Obviously my blood pressure would be considered high. But since my pulse pressure is slightly below 40 is that good? Or? Thanks Claudia my pulse is not 38. My pulse pressure is. 147-109=38 my pulse pressure. My pulse is fine. Too bad I have HBP
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
The pulse pressure is not helpful in your case. Normal pulse pressure is around 40 and you are very close to this. Pulse pressure, in my experience, is only helpful when it is significantly high or low. There are many diseases associated with abnormal pulse pressure, but it is not relevant in your case. I hope this answers your question.