My belly button is chapped and flaky. And i am suffering from sleeplessness, bad eating habit

Hello, I am looking for some answers regarding the inside of my belly button. As funny as that may sound; this morning, I noticed that my belly button is chapped and flaky. I am very aware of my body, so I know that this change has happened within the past couple of days. This afternoon, I rechecked it and now it has open chapped skin and it kind of burns (because of the open wounds). The flakiness of the skin is not powdery or even as severe as dermatitis . the top layer is peeling as if I had a bad sun burn; however, I do not wear belly shirts. I do have a belly ring (haven t changed it for two years) that I ve had for 9 years, but it seems a bit odd that all of a sudden, I would develop an allergic reaction to it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? or does anyone have any info on the matter? I should add that I have shed about 40 lbs, within the last 3 months and I am missing my period; partly due to stress, sleeplessness and bad eating habits (sometimes I forget to eat). Please, I would appreciate it if anyone can help... Liz
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011