My baby's skin turns red after feeding formula milk. What could the reason be and what kind of milk should I give her ?

Skin turns red (just like after drinking alcohol) after feeding formula milk I have a 7mth old daughter who was breastfed exclusively for 6 months. She was introduced solid food at 6 month and formula at 7 month. During my first attempt to feed her formula milk, she developed red skin color around her eyes and jawline, subsequently, the redness also appeared on her trunk and limbs . It basically looks like one who turns red upon consuming alcohol. The skin is flat, no bumps, no hives , just the change in skin color. After 24 hours, the redness was gone and her skin color returned to normal. I have totally stopped formula milk on her at the moment. What is the problem with her? Is this a form of allergy? I have no such problem when I introduced solid food to her. Should I try and feed her the same brand of formula in smaller quantity or change another brand altogether? Or should I let her try a hypoallergenic type of formula milk instead?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011