My baby has been suffering with constipation since he was six months old. He is facing problem to passing poops for days

Hi, I hope you guys help with babies as well. My baby has been suffering with constipation since he was six months old, as time went on it got worse such that he ended up not passing poops for days and when he does you can see it hurts. At some point it got worse such that I took him to a doctor and he diagnosed him with fissure and gave me the ointment to put in his anus. At first it seemed like he was responding well to treatment but as time went on it started all over and now he s still crying especially at night and you can tell from the straining and pushing that he s trying to pass stools or wind. please help Im about to lose my mind, my son is 11 months now and I give him a lot of water.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011