My baby has a fever that does not go away.

my 9 month baby has a fever that doesnt go away hi my son is 9 months and has a fever that comes and goes at times its high and at time its normal after i give him infant advil then after an hour or two hes fever is high again the highest fever he has had was of 103.7 i gave him medicine and gave him a bath and he was better but yet after a few hours he had a fever again he has had his fever since friday afternoon and it sunday already please help he keeps whining, doesnt sleep much and doesnt want to eat or drink pretty much anything.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Jan 2011

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

Fever is commonly a sign of infection , one or two episodes could be due to miscellaneous cause like heat exposure or increased BMR but if the fever is frequent then have to rule out infections. Find for signs of infection like cough , running nose, pustules,loose stools etc.

Take your child to a pediatrician for the same where he can examine the child and find out the cause of the fever before it gets worse , the baby can be put on antibiotics.

Thanks for visiting