My aunt had colon cancer and removed large intestine, kindly suggest

HI my aunt is 70 years old and she had colon cancer year ago. after surgery they removed her large intestine. they tried to put som replacement to large intestine. because of some leakage they removed it and gave conection from small intestine to navel. now in her navel they made some hole for removal of food wate. the problem is she gets so much of water drained from that hole after eating. some time it blocks and then she has to take some medication for clearing the block. what is the reason behind this. what food she has to take ?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Oct 2010