My abdomen scan shows multiple comet tail appearance in the gall bladder. Does it mean stones in gall bladder ?

Hello Doctor, I had a severe stomach pain with burping last for more than 10hrs last week. As referred went for an ultrasound whole abdomen . The results are Gall bladder shows multiple comet tail appearance echogenic foci in its wall to suggest cholesterolosis. Lumen appears echofree Blood test shown Bilirubin (Total) : 1.5mg/dl and (Indirect) 1.3mg/dl )Is this means Gall stones? what are the complications? what treatment exactly I should go for. If I maintain diet will help for avoid surgery?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011