My Wife had severe bone pains, when shall we do the vitamin D3 test again ?

Hi, i am Anil, six months back my Wife got the severe bone pains . When consulted the doctors and did the Vitamin D3 test , test showed the Vit D3 is very almost 4 which i belive normally 55+. Doctor kept her on Injection every two weeks. Last month did the test again and it improved to 39. Doctors asked her to either continue the injection or go for the CALCIROL PACKET 6000units. I would like to what is recommende and how long shall she continue? Also when shall we do the test again? Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
Yes ..She could use the oral medications from now on as the level is almost normalized. She needs a daily exposure of morning sunlight at least fro 15min which would give her best source of vitamin D..
Hope this helps..
Take care..