My Mother is having severe liver problem- please suggest treatment

Hi My Mother is having severe liver problem. Water is to accumulate in stomache and hemoglobin percentage is dropped to 7 %. She has this problem since many years. Already consulted physian, he told liver was damaged and she need to be under medication for entire life. And should not eat any hard food. After taking medicine she used to have frequent urination and weakness feeling. After 3 months of medication hemoglobin percentage improved to 8%. Please suggest better treatment for my mother
Asked On : Thu, 2 Sep 2010