My HPT after missed periods shows negative. Can an online doctor help me ?

hello, i m 27. The problem is i had my last period on june 9th and still m missing my period. I hv done home test on august 5th but its negetive. What should i think ? It is pregnancy or not? Please suggest.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Aug 2011
Thanks for query,
If your period is regular and missed and had sex during cycle there is chances of having pregnancy,
You have done test too early.
Go for test again after a week for correct result.
Ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Dilip Vakade's  Response
A negative urine test does not rule out pregnancy. In the absence of expected periods and other symptoms, Pregnancy is a possibility always. Do consult a sonologist and get a pelvic scan done to know for sure. By a scan you can also find out the endometrial thickness which wil indicate if there is any gynecological problem.
Hope that answers the query.