My Dr prescribed Azithral 500 twice dailyis this dosage okay ?

My Dr. prescribed Azitral 500 twice daily for 3 days. Is the dosage right?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Hello dear ..

Thank you for your query.
Azithral contains the antibiotic Azithromycin.Its is used in a wide range of infections like respiratory tract infection, pneumonia, sinusitis, tonsillitis, skin infections etc.The dose of the medicine depends on the disease severity , age & body weight. In many cases Azithral is prescribed at the dose you mentioned.Please let me know the disease condition and your age & body weight for a more specific reply.

Please stay in touch with your treating physician and follow the dosage he prescribes.
Take care...
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to health care magic forum..
Azithral is usually prescribed for 3 to 5 days based on the severity of disease.Dose varies from anywhere between 500 to 2000md and it is usually taken once a day.
Hope this helps.
take care..
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear thanks for choosing health care magic.The dose of antibiotic depends upon the body weight of patient.And according to that the dose may given as single dose or divided in 2 doses.So take the medicines as advised.The normal dose of average weight person in most of the condition is 500 mg once daily for 3-5 days.