My BP is 98 over 40, is that to low ?

My blood pressure is 98 over 40 is that to low? I'm scared? I m 26 yrs old female
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
YES,THE READING ARE LOW BUT NOT SCARING.
THERE MUST BE RECENT PATHOLOGIES LIKE DEHYDRATION,ANEMIA,RECENT INFECTION ETC.IT NEEDS CORRECTIVE MEASURES WHICH CAN BE EASILY DETERMINED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN BY SOME CLINICAL AND LAB INVESTIGATIONS.,
MEANWHILE REHYDRATING YOUR SELF WITH ORAL REHYDRATION SOLUTION WILL AVOID IT FROM DECREASING FURTHER.
If you are not experiencing any symptoms, it's OK all you have to do is exercise and eat protein diet. In case of symptoms like vertigo, faintness contact your doctor. Most probably you are anemic.
again at 6 my blood pressure is 98 over 40. Is this dangerous to my health
Iam 56 years old.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Yes BP is on lower side with wide pulse pressure. Not to get scary with it,
if physically if you are comfortable with it and if no major symptoms are there.Look
for Haemoglobin report and if quite low it may be the cause.IN addition you should
submit for ECG,and ECHO report to rule out any cardiac valvular or congenital defect
like ASD or VSD,PDA etc. BUt before that you should have clinical examination with
your doctor to asses need of it.Get checked few more records of your BP. Thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Raju A.T's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum,

Yes, the BP readings are not safe. Heart needs to pump and maintain pressure in blood so that perfusion of the blood into the brain is good. Low BP pushes blood into all the organs at a low pressure and hence low perfusion. Increase the salt and water intake which will maintain BP to some extent.Visit a GP soon and confirm the readings

Thanks for visiting Healthcaremagic.com

Take care , Bye