My 9 months old baby got loose motion

My baby 9 months old and now a days she felt loose motion daily 5 times but the motion not water to recover this problem.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Babies stool pattern keeps on changing with age but if there is sudden change in colour and frequency it is most likely due to infection even if it is not watery.sometimes it can occur due to side effects of antibiotics or any medicines taken recently or even some new food in diet.kindly do not hesitate to get a stool routine test done which wil confirm the problem and your baby can be treated accordingly by your pediatrician.
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajeshkant Saihgal's  Response
you can give her metronidazole liquid & sporlac sachets under medical supervision.