My 8 month old has a raspy voice. Could it be allergies?

I have an 8 month old girl that has a cough,a raspy voice and a little chest congestion .She has no fever ,no change in her demeanor and is eating/drinking normally. i am wandering if this could be allergies?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Yes, this could be an allergic cough as well , even it could be a viral infection which is more common in kids of that age and they cause such symptoms, the treatment is symptomatic , some anthistaminics and cough syrups may be needed , but make sure the temperature is well under control , avoid exposure to dust and allergens