My 5.5 years old nephew has cataract. Is it to early to operate?

My nephew Ibrahim is 5.5 years old,he was diagnosed for cateract in the area of his vision
My nephew Ibrahim is 5.5 years old,he was diagnosed for cateract in the area of his vision its almost 4.5 in that eye and 1.5 in the other,and dr's are telling that it has to be operated before he is 6 six it will help his brain to adjust better.They are saying they will put some lens also inside. Is he to operated early, And lens putting is better. What about chances of recurrence in future.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009