My 5 years old boy was kicked in his balls, now it swelling and paining

my 5 yr old boy was kicked in his balls(according to him),he complained of pains, they r now swollen and he is on his way to see a dr.iam concerned,am freaking out , am not with him tho
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
hi welcome to healthcaremagic..
he needs to be examined thoroughly to know if he is fine..did he have bleeding in urine? if its just a traumatic swelling it would subside in a couple of days..
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.After any injury the body has tendency to react so that it leads to swelling of that part.In case when blow is mild there is no need to worry.If required the doctor may ask to ultrasound for proper diagnosis.Do not worry,he will be fine.bye.