My 5 month old baby having Cough, please please give me your suggestion

My 5 month old daughter caught a cold this past weekend. She has a runny nose and a cough. She's also cutting teeth, so she's been very fussy lately. From the beginning we've been kind of concerned about her cough. It's normal and a dry cough, but every now and then, maybe 1-2 times a day, she gets a coughing fit that lasts maybe 5-10 sec. She turns red from the exertion, but has never gone past that. It hasn't gotten worse either, so I'm not sure that it's whooping cough, and with it not producing anything, I don't think it's bronchitis either. She has an appointment on monday, but I just wanted to see if I should bring her in earlier or not. I honestly think it's just from saliva from the teething, but it's hard to say.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Mar 2010