My 4year old child has fever, cold cough Can i give him ayurvedic medicines ? please suggesting about this

My 4year old child has fever, cold, cough saince 5 days. I visited a pediatrician, he gave some syrups, The fever has come down, but he cough still is present. Iam giving syrup for cough, but the cough has not subsided. Can i give him ayurvedic medicines for cough to come down, my father inlaw was suggesting about this
Asked On : Sun, 18 Oct 2009
In children these symptoms are alaraming for swine flu especially during this period. so get a swine flu test done soon. if positive the treatment to be done as soon as possible. i worried about seeing that deaths are happening due to swine flu in india.
do not neglect any problems in child, please see the doctor. Now a days the swine flu is also rampant. if there is one problem i heard the swine flu is very easily spreading to that person
yes swine flu if it attacks in kids less than 5 years may lead to death ,...especialy..if age is less than 2 years of age...i have read this in newspaper today