My 4 years old son has been advised to wear glasses for for eyes. I am very much worried about his future. What to do ?

good afternoon doctor. I am a government servant working at srinagar. My homeplace is Patna. My 4 years old son has a habbit of watching TV at a very close distance (nearly 3 to 4 feet) When I noticed this I took him to a eye specialist. He advised him to wear glasses having powers ranging between -1 to -2.25D in both eyes. today I have ordered for the glasses. Sir I am very much worried about his future as i am not sure whether he will wear it or not . Pls advice me what to do.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
He will have to wear it, as without them he will be unable to read what is writtin on the blackboard in classroom , also play any sports properly or watch tv from a decent distance. Moreover if he doesnt wear them and strian his eyes, the number of glasses (power ) will go on increasing.
Talk to him, make him understnd the need, be gentle, if he thinks glasses as a punishment he will break/throw them away.
Cut down on his TV time, also when he is reading/studyin make sure the position and light are approprite.