My 4 year old son has recently started gasping, what could be the reason ?

my 4 year old son has recently started gasping. It started about 3 days ago, im not sure there is a problem or he may just be doing it out of habit? He only seems to do it when he s sat watching tv or concentrating on something. he s fine when he runs around and rarely gets out of breath . I had asthma when i was young (its not bothered me since i was 10 years old) maybe he could be getting it? *** Also i must add, the gasp is more like taking in a deep breath, and when he is doing it, its 1 gasp roughly every minute or so!!
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011